Saturday, March 19, 2011

Radiohead – Feral

Part of the reason why some people prefer vinyl over digital is the pure improvement of sound the former has on the latter. And honestly, for me, that’s like 90% of the reason, while the other 10 would be made up of different aesthetics. I think the point of music is for it to be loud, rich and clear and if you can get it at its BEST sounding state, go for it. So after hearing “Feral” for a solid 3 minutes, on full blast with headphones, on my computer, I can’t wait to hear how it sounds on vinyl. There’s something about that last section where everything is ten times louder than before – far more extensive and far more immersive – that it sounds absolutely perfect. I can’t really place why the song is exactly named “Feral” either. You can definitely hear Thom Yorke singing some kind of words maybe? I always just picture a wild horse roaming the free area again after finally being let loose and other crazy images, ha. But either way, it follows “Little by Little” so nicely and precedes “Lotus Flower” so well, too. It’s like an electronic-influenced song that is soaked in jazz influences at the same time; you can hear so many different voices throughout it all and in the end, it’s memorable. Loud is always better in my opinion so hopefully people can listen to this and just blast it because it’s worth it. – Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...