Monday, September 13, 2010

a depressingly interesting fact

I've sat through Inception twice already; it's gorgeous. Nothing more need be said... at least until you find out it took Christopher Nolan ten years to complete an INCOMPLETE draft version of the script...then nothing more CAN be said because you're left absolutely speechless. Ten Years! Is this how long greatness takes? Is time the key ingredient to the recipe of success. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe fuck myself. Either way, I can't let go of the thought. Christopher Nolan is a top tier director, British or not, and his name alone is enough to draw an audience. And even with his greatness, something held him back for ten years. This excites me, because although I'm most definitely sure it was not because of procrastination, I'm most definitely sure that it very well could have been. And the thought of someone successful procrastinating is humbling beyond any wake-up call I've ever encountered. If they can put something off and be productive, then what am I doing wrong?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it's even that depressing because like you hinted, it wasn't like Nolan was just sitting around poking his butt. He's an awesome director though, mos def - still need to see this film ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess just the thought of him poking his butt is kind of humbling for me, not to mention rather stimulating...sexually :/ but you're right, he re-invented/invigorated the batman franchise, i doubt he was poking his butt. im just being rather melodramatic in post. lol

    ReplyDelete

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...