Friday, December 3, 2010

The Impossible Soul

I'm starting to get pretty drained lately. I guess I don't have that drive in me that I used to have and it's been severely lacking lately. Part of me wishes that I could do more and a part of me wishes to just let everything go and start new. Sometimes everything just seems sort of helpless really, almost impossible. And before I turn this into some kind of bad Darcy post (because at least his posts are well written, albeit super personal), I know that there is still music to be found.

I know I mentioned year-end lists earlier. I think I have been able to slowly get somewhere with the process but even that feels futile. Maybe because it's officially become work in some sense but that would just be an excuse. Anyway, I went to All That Music the other day and hauled home 3 records. One of them was Sufjan Stevens' latest LP - which I have exhausted here already. "Impossible Soul" is that album's last song, all 25+ minutes of it. It's a gripping story and definite closure to the hugely grandiose statements Stevens made with The Age of Adz. I recently got a jolt to relisten to the words when someone smart mentioned just how powerful the lyrics really are, until next time - Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...