Tuesday, October 19, 2010

still too tired to care and i got to go

There's a place in my city where I go every time I need to pass the time. It's a bowling alley off a main street near where I work. I find myself there a lot, just passing the time. I've noticed I'm not the only one who knows about this place though. Obviously, there are customers, but those people show up to bowl. The ones that are like me, though, they sit the way I do. They look the way I do, mostly tired but also like they have somewhere else they'd rather be. I'd rather be somewhere else.

It's a quiet place, mostly empty during the day. There's always a few bowlers, usually retired, old folks. Watching them, I see the depressing truth to old age - we don't all get there, but we all don't want to be there. I imagine myself to be like them when I get old, trying to forget how much I hate being old. A couple more just walked in. Maybe this wouldn't be the best place to forget. The music just came on...oldies.

This just happens to be the one bowling alley in town where all the mentally handicapped youth hang out. I'm sitting on their side so, naturally, I'll have to wash my hands in a bit as they all decided to greet me personally. Watching them, I see the depressing truth to reproduction - you never know, and if you did ...would you do anything about it? I imagine myself to have been like them when I was a baby, trying to remember everything I'm seeing for the first time.

It's close to the time where I have to get to where I'm going. It's like this everytime. I just sit around, watching the people, watching the clock. No drink, no snack. No nothing. Just watching. Participating, I suppose, in this community of nobody's, waiting for my time to come...to go. Not even sure I wanna go, but I'm too tired to care and I got to go.




1 comment:

  1. Hey, a little bird told me to tell you she thought this post was very good. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...