Sunday, October 24, 2010

ACL 2010: LCD Soundsystem

I’d have to say that my personal favorite at this year’s Austin City Limits was LCD Soundsystem – and this is coming from someone that probably wasn’t a fan before this year. James Murphy was definitely the kind of artist I never truly understood, for whatever lame reason, and it was This Is Happening that changed my views. It’s still probably my most-heard album of the year and the one that continues to amaze me with every single repeated listen.
Saturday right, as the sun (that's it up on the banner) was setting, was LCD Soundsystem’s time at ACL. They played from 530-630 and now, when I look at these pictures, it’s crazy just how light to dark it went, fast. I don’t remember the sound being nearly this loud but I absolutely love it when Murphy screams “Don’t you want me to wake up?!” There are just so many one-liners on this song, on this entire album, that it’s astounding. And I didn’t even used to dig “Drunk Girls” too much but now, it’s nothing more than a dance-your-troubles-away, catchy, bumpy ride, or is that what “Dance Yrself Clean” is about?

I definitely need to apologize because as I’m finally listening to this for the first time, hearing my voice against such beautiful music is annoying so seriously, sorry for that. To try and place this into some kind of contextual meaning: you always want to see your favorite bands/artists when they’re at their utmost peak. I’m getting ahead of myself but LCD Soundsystem is definitely one of the greatest bands of our current time. I’m still in awe of the simple fact that we got to stand there, in an hour of mesmerizing music and where I definitely danced till I felt myself clean (lame!) and listen to LCD Soundsystem play “I Can Change,” “All My Friends,” “You Wanted a Hit,” and end with “Home.” – Bryan

Lcd Soundsystem live @ ACL 2010 by nico43

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...