Sunday, May 30, 2010

Future Islands - In Evening Air

I caught these guys a few weeks back to hear the last two or so songs from their set in Las Cruces. While I was disappointed in not hearing more, it provided me the opportunity to buy some music and I have really loved this album for quite some time now.

Imagining a re-creation of Sunset Rubdown and maybe combining it with Frog Eyes, the poppier side of the synths is what resonates with you. And the melodies and words are both killer here because of this trio’s ability in turning everything into something much more than it really is. Their scope is grand and it’s expansive; each song on In Evening Air is awesome but please check out these two: - Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...