Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bonobo – Black Sands

Usually, you have those albums that are recommended from side to side by variously different people. Sometimes, it might be getting some relatively good reviews, sometimes you can continue to hear it mentioned by different circles of people. But most of the time, it takes something peculiar to really get you to listen to what’s going on. And that’s the case with this fantastic album, Black Sands, by Bonobo.

In this scenario, I finally had to see it on a trusted source’s “Top 20 list of 2010…so far” list to finally check it out. It’s weird because its styles (electronic, jazz, world) already stood out to me, as well as the awesome cover art and the fact that it’s only one guy making the music. But I needed to see it on someone else’s list – someone that I trusted – to finally check out Simon Green’s music.

I’m glad I did because this is awesomely chill, comfortably smooth music that is very compelling. The sounds are definitely electronic but it’s also an album that has jazz influences and world touches all around. Even when you least expect it, the groove leads into something even more moving and it leaves you strongly affected. Just another fantastic electronic album to add to the mix. - Bryan

“Eyesdown” by Bonobo


"We Could Forever" by Bonobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...