Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!/ Starkey


Happy Easter everyone!

I’ve got a few brief minutes before leaving to a family cookout and wanted to definitely share some awesome music. Lately, I’ve been really into Starkey’s new one, Ear Drums and Black Holes. The Philadelphia producer has created a varied blend of dubstep, hip-hop, street bass (as he likes to call it) all into one absolute beast of an album. It’s the kind of album you can get lost to in so many different ways and on headphones, it’s utter bliss. He’s an unfamiliar electronic musician that is not too well known outside his genre’s table but don’t be fooled, this is some of the best music I have heard the entire year.

Here are a couple of awesome videos I found to two of the songs on the album, “OK Luv” and “Stars,” with the latter featuring a gorgeous vocal by Anneka; the album is out in a couple of weeks and it’s on the outstanding Planet Mu label. – Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...