Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wolf Parade

The tenacious band from Canada has announced a follow-up to 2007’s sprawling At Mount Zoomer with a new album that is scheduled to be released sometime in late June/early July. Not only am I slanted towards the early July release but if Dan Boeckner feels it’s the ‘most fun’ he’s had making a Wolf Parade album then I can’t wait to hear it. And this is ripe news for me as I’ve taking the time to fully analyze and appreciate the aforementioned album. Not only is it diverse but I’ve finally come around to enjoying Spencer Krug’s twirling “California Dreamer” and well, I’ve always loved Boeckner’s “Fine Young Cannibals,” with its funky groove.

Their first album is Apologies to the Queen Mary and it’s been rightfully regarded as one of the best albums of the entire 2000s, let alone one of the best during the monster year that 2005 was. And that’s what so awesome: these two men work in a cycle, never ceasing to halt their determined methods. While Boeckner makes an album with Handsome Furs every other year and Krug does the same on his superior, Sunset Rubdown project, they meet back in the middle to concoct another album of sublime music.

The album’s title will be Expo 86 and I hope it’s a smash to all that hear it, including me. Here are a couple of songs – including one of the most beautiful songs of the entire last decade, “I’ll Believe in Anything” – I personally love from Wolf Parade. – Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...