Saturday, February 27, 2010

New STYLO



This is in no way a plug for XM/Sirius radio, but ridding in the car with a plethora of great stations at my fingertips is amazing. 9 times out of 10 I got it tuned to SOULTOWN, which plays non stop soul sounds from Motown and beyond. One of the other great stations I usually listen to a lot is XMU, which is basically college programing (god damn hipster kids). While mentioning the lineup for what should be a pretty amazing Cochella 2010 the XMU dj played "Stylo", The Gorillaz new track from their forthcoming album "Plastic Beach". The track has a 80's throwback feel to it and features not only rapper MOS DEF, but soul crooner BOBBY WOMACK to boot!! --nick
in a post about rockers The Gorillaz I still find a way to connect the dots back to some funky soul music...here's a monster of a Bobby Womack cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...