Monday, February 22, 2010

Name Change/Madlib

The drought is over everyone! I’m not sure what we could attest to the lack of posts for the entire past week: work, school, extra-curricular activities, or maybe just another category, ‘other’? Most of my stuff will come at night because of circumstances and it will usually be something off the top of my head. First, I think we need to change the name of our blog because there is another “The Odd Couple” and we wont get any hits with the same name as them. The url can stay the same but we need a new name, if you have any suggestions/ideas, please please please let us know.

In the meantime, Madlib! The celebreated MC/producer/beatmaker will grace El Paso this Thursday, Feb. 25! The show’s at Dominic’s as part of their DJ sets, “Go Bang,” and they’ve already done good with bringing Peanut Butter Wolf. Now, we get another Stones Throw labelmate in town to show off his skills. Honestly, I think Madlib is the superior of the two, simply because of his skill and talent. His Quasimoto albums are all top-quality (check out the instrumentals too,) his Shades of Blue is an amazing combination of hip-hop and jazz, his collaboration with Jay Dee on Champion Sound is highly recommended and his work with MF Doom (now just going by the name of DOOM) as Madvillain, created the best hip-hop album of the 2000s with Madvillainy.

We’ll be there in full support of this exceptional music artist and if I get to talk to him, I will surely ask about the rumors that there will be a new Madvillain album out this year. In the meantime, here is the video to my favorite song off that aforementioned album, “All Caps”: - Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...