Saturday, November 5, 2011

Real Estate - All the Same

We saw this band once on an epic Thanksgiving night here in El Paso. They played to a rowdy crowd of fifty or so people, packed into a dirty bar with no stage to perform on what is now a memorable night. I’ll try to see if I have any pics of that night anywhere, I’m pretty sure I have some of a weatherman for sure. Haha.

Anyways, Real Estate put out a new album last month that I missed out on it. But the time is new and changing and I just got their album and am quickly falling for it. Their last album, Real Estate, was a stellar ride of heady ambience and folk-rock tendencies. And now, their newest album, Days, shines with refined sensibilities and more gorgeous melodies and harmonies.

This is the first song off that album, “All the Same.” The band sings about how everything ends up being all the same, the night is just another day. Many of the growing passages one takes is exploring life during the night, I like how the band relishes in realizing the night life has many opportunities. The song glistens with a looping melody that travels throughout the song’s seven-minutes into a realm of glory. At first they shift from verse to chorus with magnificent ease before ending it all with a growing mass of instruments and sounds.

It’s a stellar way to start an album, for sure. November will be a month where this blog reaches double digits in posts, that’s a for sure. Until, then more music to come soon I hope. – Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...