Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 Songs

Various songs from my own batch of top songs of 2010, my lame edition. Haha, I finally made some kind of list and here are a few of my fave songs.

This one’s the opener off Booka Shade’s latest. Just a downright sexy song to get down to and jam out to in the morning, as you’re getting ready for work, as your driving to work, as your on your lunch break or whenever, it kicks ass.


A ridiculous, rambling, ridiculously good sample of Billy Joel’s “Movin’ Out (Antony’s Song)”, acts as the center piece to Das Racist’s “You Oughta Know.” Naturally, the original song is what has my interest slanted, but have a listen here to the old classic by Joel:


And then here is the sped-up, crazed, super smoked-out version that Das Racist tuned out. Both their mixtapes from this year (Shut Up, Dude & Sit Down, Man) are downright awesome. I read someone’s description of these two cats as “very intelligent people willing to not take themselves too seriously and actually, willing to be downright stupid.” Love it.


And I’ve gotta include this one here to at least throw in some kind of sentimental value…right? The Hold Steady’s newest wasn’t one of my absolute favorites but this song definitely hits the spot for me. It’s genuinely sweet and the chorus’ line about how heaven is getting together, listening to records with your favorite girl, sounds like such a fantastic idea. I’m guessing the theme is that heaven is whatever we make it out to be, as good as we want to be and entirely in our control (my interpretation of THS’ album, not my own point of view) and it’s a pretty great thought: the most simple, easy things can be the most enjoyable. – Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...