Thursday, July 8, 2010

Run Run Run


I run to clear my head. I run to get fresh air. I run to reconnect with mother nature. All the other benefits of being a runner, to me, are secondary. I try and run with my MP3 only half the time. There's something special about hearing your each breath, your each step hit the ground. Listening to the air blow past your head, it all helps get you into the zone. And for an athlete, especially runners, and especially ones trying to out run their stresses, getting into the zone is nirvana! But I'm also an audiophile, and If I could, I'd probably listen to music 24/7. But what type of music is good running music?? I'm not too picky, but it always helps to have a pretty upbeat vibe musically to keep you energized. With that said here are a couple selections of new music I'm throwing on my MP3 for my next run.

Relatively new artist Mike Posner signed to J records last year while still attending Duke University, his debut album entitled "31 Minutes To Takeoff" is being released August 10.

"you got designer shades,
just to hide your face and
you wear them around like
you're cooler than me.
and you never say hey,
or remember my name.
its probably cuz,
you think you're cooler than me."


Miike Snow is not a dude, actually its 3 dudes, 2 Swedes and an yankee to be exact. Formed in Sweden in 2007, they released their first album in May of last year. However it's being re-released this year because apparently people did catch on the first time around.

"There is a hole and I tried to fill it up with money, money, money.
But it gets bigger to your hopes, it's always running, running, running.
In your eyes I see the eyes of somebody who could be strong,
tell me if i'm wrong.
Now i'm pulling your disguise up.
Are you free or are you tied up?"


I fell in love with Uffie about 2 years ago when she first signed to ED BANGER records (the home of acts like Justice, and dj Mehdi). She's Miami born, Hong-Kong raised, Paris based and damn hot. She's been out there for a while, maybe with a little help from Pharrell she can get some more exposure. I always loved you first though UFFIE!!! Look for her new album "Sex Dreams and Denim Jeans" which has been out since mid June.

"Sometimes I wake up in my bed
And I don't know where I've been
Heart tells me I trip to a cloud nine
Headache says that things just ain't fine"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...