Thursday, April 29, 2010

Murs and 9th Wonder Strike Back



Murs has to be one of my favorite Mcs who've actually been putting out a decent body of work over the last few years. And hands down 9th wonder is one of my favorite producers in the game. His stuff solo and my favorite, the work he did with LITTLE BROTHER, amazing. The work the two guys produce as a collabo is definitely good, but surprises me sometimes with the lackluster work from 2 such great minds. Don't get me wrong, I liked "Murs 3:16" and "Murray's Revenge" both, guess I was just hoping to have enjoyed them a lot more. Either way the duo is back with the 3rd installment of their collaboration and the album is Entitled "Fornever".
9th wonder doesn't dissapoint with the selection of some amazing soul samples I've never heard of. Here's 2 of my favorite's from the album.
Ohio Players get down on this tune. I love the stuff going down at 45 seconds. Funky!

9th uses it for cigarettes and liquor

This second sample is from an outfit related to the great Parliament and Funkadelic
Called Black Nasty, yes BLACK NASTY, this is I must Be In Love

The song 9th and Murs do on the album with the sample is called I USED TO LOVER [AGAIN] This track is probably my favorite of the album, and I love the message Murs delivers in the tune.


P.S. Sorry my contribution here at oddgila is real shity lately, should be changing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...