Saturday, March 20, 2010

Let the Sunshine in

Today marks the first day of Spring, and for some reason its cooler and cloudier than it has been in a week or two here in the sun city. And since our banner at the current moment here at ODDGILA is a picture of my fair city El Paso aka The Sun City aka EL Chuco... I find it doubly appropriate for a “SUN” inspired post. With an average of over 300 days a year of sunshine, El Chuco residents are well accustomed to the bright yellow rays of our celestial power house. That’s why when I go a few days with out the warmth of sunshine in my life I start going a little crazy. With that said, some of my favorite songs about the SUN...
Bill Withers “Ain’t no Sunshine”
Sunshine=Girl=warmth=happiness


Bobby Hebb “Sunny”

Disco version anybody...Boney M “Sunny”

Lou Rawls "In the Evening When the Sun Goes Down"
When the sun goes down, you realize you're girl is gone.


Stevie wonder "You are the Sunshine of My Life"

5th Dimension "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...