Sunday, February 14, 2010

A New Day is Born

As the first post to our very first blog I stretched too many ideas over the course of my head. We tried to come up with a name last night but certain experimentation and substances prohibited our conscious thinking. Ha, if that makes any sense - hopefully it does!

It'd be best to describe 'we' wouldn't it. For the moment, it's just me, Bryan, as I've taken the initiative in creating the actual blog here. But I've sent the other soon-to-be-admin of this blog, Nick, his proper 'invitation.' I suppose we will discuss many things here and while they may run the gamut and sprawling nature we aim for, we hope to avoid any pretentious talk all the way.

I think music will be a prevalent topic as Nick and I certainly love it. It's a passion yes, something we've both been in love with yes, and something that we each have a very special connection with. The title of the blog is "The Odd Couple" because we want to showcase our dissimilar styles (even if we occasionally/frequently blend the same side) and separate passions. "Odd Gila" is odd because everyone is odd and Gila is the name of Beach House's song, "Gila." And with that, here is a video (the original video will not allow it to be embedded but watch it too!) for that song, a psychedelic, intriguing trance of a song that will keep you sucked in, enjoy:



P.S. I clicked away because I am still lost on how to input items and I just wanna say, "Thank you autosave!" - Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...