Friday, November 12, 2010

Kanye West – Runaway

I recently got Kanye West’s newest, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and it’s been on constant rotation. Personally, it’s pretty spectacular but to me, I’ve enjoyed everything West has ever put out so I am terribly slanted. But the facts remain that it’s unlike his previous album, 808s & Heartbreak, and a complete return to form to his hip-hop grandiosity that he displayed on his first three albums. The album is sprawling with various styles and well, twisted fantasies (up top is one of the many different covers), and all are outstanding.

Dreary-eyed and coughing with a sore throat, I saw the official video for “Runaway” on TV last night and was blown away. Supposedly there is a 35-minute official video, too, and I don’t include either here; instead, here is the explicit version because it’s definitely better. On the album the song is 9-minutes long and it stretches out into a massive mix of auto tune and walls of sound. In all honesty, it’s a pretty special album but I might just be wrong as well. I’ll talk more in detail about it later, maybe. – Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...