Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kanye West - Monster

If anyone’s gonna embrace the Kanye West theme of our blog lately, it’s me. The crazy thing with all of the guests on the album is – again – how seamless West makes everything work. The song Nick mentions, “Lost in the World,” is an unbelievable song that serves strangely awesome as the next to the last song. Crazy is that the last song is one called “Who Will Survive in America,” which I am still researching in order to be able to write about it better. But needless to say, it’s a less-than-2-minute song that leaves everything, almost, well unanswered.

But speaking of Bon Iver, he’s on “Monster” as well – which is my current favorite off My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I mean, I didn’t even like Nikki Minaj before but her verse on this song simply kills, alone. Sure there is Rick Ross, West’s awesome verses, too, and hip-hop royalty with Jay-Z but Minaj destroys everything in her path with a ridiculous display of game. She sounds fiercely in-your-face and like The National sung, she’ll eat your brains, too. Here is a version with the lyrics to read along with, more on this album (another cover up top) to come for sure. – Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...