Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ACL 2010: The Black Keys

The first band we made sure to get up and close for was The Black Keys. It was pretty startling to get to the park at 3PM and already see so many people there but as you've probably already heard, this year's Austin City Limits Festival was ridiculously packed. Still, it made for amazing moments where the bands fed off the audience's energy and delivered awesome performances.
The Black Keys were certainly no exception as they rocked the crowd with intense energy. They played a few songs as a duo and then brought out a bassist and pianist to flesh out songs like "Tighten Up." I dug the smooth chug of "Everlasting Light" the most but it was also pretty great to hear older songs. Their sequencing was especially remarkable, as if they were improvising the entire set.
In the end, I don't remember being that blown away with my first performance in the three years I've been to ACL. It definitely made me forget that I was sacrificing Beach House to catch these rocking brothers. Maybe it was the fact that they're one of the trendiest bands right now, maybe it was that their new album is pretty spectacular or maybe just the fact that they're a tremendous band, did me in. - Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season 2, Episode 5: UNWANTED ENDINGS

We have a new episode: the fifth one to our second season available HERE ! I don't know how consistent THIS will be but since I mention ...